Led can light or recessed lights are great for helping brighten your home. LEDs also help with eliminating shadows and they`re excellent at spreading the light around the room.
LED lighting helps lower energy costs, and the bulbs are cool to the touch.
In general, look for a warm white color temperature for living rooms and bedrooms, a bright white color temperature for kitchens and workspaces and a daylight color temperature for reading books and studies – more on this subject below.
Best LED bulb for recessed lighting guide
1. Sunco Lighting 6 Pack. For Bedrooms, Living rooms and Comfortable Places 2700K
- 2700K Soft White
- 850 LM
- E26 Base
- BR30 LED Bulb
- Dimmable, Indoor Flood Light for Cans
- UL & Energy Star
- Perfect for ELV dimmers
These Sunco LEDs for recessed lighting are bright and they got a nice warm color to them.
This Sunco LED light bulb for recessed lighting is available in 2700K, 4000K and 5000K.
Just a friendly warning, the 5000K version of this bulb is very bright and it will expose every dust speck.
2. Hyperikon BR30 LED Bulb for bathrooms, kitchens and work areas 4000K
The Hyperikon is available in BR20, BR30 and BR40 so this LED will fit in any can diameter size.
The BR30 and BR40 indicate the size of the bulb in 1/8 inches, 30/8 and 40/8 inches each.
If your light can size is 4 inches the BR20 is going to fit perfectly. For a 5 inch can the Br30 is a solid choice and for a 6 inch can you can get the BR30 or the BR40 version.
The bulb is 82 LUMENS PER WATT – These BR30 LED dimmable bulbs have a lumen count of 740 and a beam angle of 110 degrees.
- 6 Pack
- 5-year warranty
- 9W (65W Equivalent)
- Dimmable Flood Light
- E26 Base
3. Philips LED BR30 for detail-oriented environments such as workshops, super bright and somewhat bluish 5000K
- Dimmable 650-Lumen
- 9-Watt (65-Watt Equivalent)
- Flood Light Bulb with E26 Medium Base
- 3.75″ diameter across the light and 5.25″ in length
This Philips LED turns on instantly when you hit the switch and you`ll get a steady natural light, it`s a feature that is very important.
This Philips bulb is 5000 kelvin and it is perfect for spaces where you need cool bright lighting that dims with minimal loss of clarity.
5000K is very bright but it`s also dimmable so you get the option to dim it if you feel it`s too bright.
Each bulb is expected to deliver a lifetime of up to 10, 000 hours and over 5 years if you have it on for three hours per day.
This Philips bulb is a EyeComfort standard bulb, which means that the bulb meets some quality criteria set by Philips: flicker, glare, stroboscopic effect, photobiological safety, dimmable, tuning and color rendering – factors that can affect the comfort of your eyes.
If you`re looking for a flicker-free and silent bulb you`re going to like the Philips LED bulbs.
LED lights have pretty much reinvented the recessed lighting market thanks to their cost efficiency and their versatility.
- the interior has a lot of wood tones
- you want to create a warm atmosphere and you are not looking for a modern entity
- you are not sure which color is best for you
- you use a lot of white, gray and black in your interior
- you are aiming for a modern interior design
LEDs over 5000 Kelvin
This blue-white temperature is energizing choice. It`s perfect for detail-oriented environments such as workshops.
6000K is an intense LED light color that can have a futuristic glow. This color should be used in areas that require superior brightness.
- You also want natural light from artificial light
But just note that light in the low yellow or high blue range can interact adversely with the color of your walls.